NovAtel CORRECT with PPP utilizes TerraStar corrections to provide accurate positioning around the world, anytime. The corrections are delivered over L-band directly to your NovAtel receiver without the need for additional base station infrastructure. Subscriptions for TerraStar corrections are available directly from NovAtel for land, airborne and near-shore applications.
- Multiple service levels available
- Corrections delivered via satellite direct to end user
- GPS+GLONASS corrections
- Available for land, airborne and near-shore applications
- Supported on all OEM628, OEM638, SMART6-L and SPAN on OEM6 products
- Improves accuracy and performance of solutions
- Reliable positioning even in difficult environments
- Simplifies equipment needs by eliminating base station
- Sole source for GNSS hardware and corrections
|Horizontal Accuracy1 (RMS)||40 cm||4 cm|
Vertical Accuracy1 (RMS)
1. Calculated from 7 day static data in Calgary. Accuracy will vary with observing conditions.
2. Convergence times dependent on observing conditions including number of visible GNSS signals, level of multipath and proximity to obstructions like large trees or buildings. In ideal conditions, receivers can converge to 50 cm in less than 5 minutes, 20 cm in 10 minutes and full accuracy in 35 minutes.
For more information on NovAtel CORRECT click here
Accessories can be purchased to support your product development efforts or assist in product integration.
NovAtel CORRECT with PPP utilizes TerraStar's premium correction data delivery to provide solutions with high accuracy and instant re-convergence in challenging conditions.
Incorporating GPS and GLONASS constellations, TerraStar provides the corrections your GNSS receiver needs to deliver robust and accurate positioning anywhere in the world. Subscriptions for TerraStar corrections are available directly from NovAtel for land, airborne and near-shore applications¹. A variety of subscription durations are available including one, three, six month or yearly.
NovAtel's highly recognized Applications Engineering team is available to assist with the integration of your TerraStar correction service, ensuring optimized positioning for your application.
For more information about TerraStar and how TerraStar generates and delivers correction data visit www.terrastar.net
1. BY YOU INSTALLING OR USING THE SUBSCRIPTION, BY NOVATEL SENDING THE SUBSCRIPTION ACTIVATION FOR THE RECEIVER TO YOU, OR BY THE PAYMENT OF THE SUBSCRIPTION FEE YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THE RELATED TERMS AND CONDITIONS WHICH CAN BE FOUND here. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THE SUBSCRIPTION OR OBTAIN THE SUBSCRIPTION ACTIVATION CODE FROM NOVATEL. ALL SUBSEQUENT SUBSCRIPTIONS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE LATEST VERSION OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS THEN AVAILABLE ON THE NOVATEL WEB SITE.
1. What is NovAtel CORRECT and how do TerraStar and PPP fit in?
NovAtel CORRECT is NovAtel's brand for all absolute positioning solutions on NovAtel OEM6 receivers. It encompasses everything from sub-metre SBAS positioning to decimetre-level PPP positioning and centimetre-level RTK positioning. To achieve decimetre and centimetre level solutions, external corrections are required. NovAtel CORRECT with PPP now provides sub-decimetre (TerraStar-C) and sub-metre (TerraStar-L) positioning using corrections from a source external to the receiver. TerraStar is the provider of these corrections through their correction data generation and delivery network.
2. On which Novatel products are TerraStar services available?
To use TerraStar correction services, an OEM6 receiver with a NovAtel CORRECT model is required. In addition, an L-band capable product is also a pre-requisite since TerraStar corrections are delivered over L-band. This includes all OEM628, OEM638, Smart6L and SPAN on OEM6 products with the exception of the OEM615 line. Customers using OEMV or SPAN on OEMV products will need to upgrade to OEM6 hardware in order to use NovAtel CORRECT and TerraStar services.
3. Which TerraStar services will NovAtel offer?
NovAtel offers the TerraStar-C and TerraStar-L service to our customers for sub-decimetre and sub-metre positioning needs.
4. How much does a TerraStar subscription cost?
A complete list of TerraStar subscription prices is available from a NovAtel sales representative or NovAtel dealer. NovAtel has moved to a global pricing strategy where subscriptions to TerraStar are priced only by application and duration. Regional pricing variations have been eliminated. If you purchased your NovAtel product from an authorized dealer, please contact them directly.
5. How do I purchase NovAtel CORRECT and TerraStar services?
NovAtel CORRECT is the positioning algorithm on our OEM6 receivers which enables our proprietary positioning solution. It is purchased and enabled through authorization codes similar to features like GLIDE and ALIGN. Different authorization codes are required depending if the customer wants NovAtel CORRECT with PPP (sub-decimetre/sub-metre solution) or NovAtel CORRECT with RTK (centimetre solution).
In combination with a NovAtel CORRECT with PPP authorization code, NovAtel customers can purchase TerraStar subscriptions directly from NovAtel. This means single point of contact for sales and support issues for the end to end solution.
If you purchased your NovAtel product from an authorized dealer, please contact them directly to purchase subscriptions. Click here for a list of NovAtel dealers.
6. Can I upgrade my existing OEM6 hardware to use TerraStar?
Yes, you can upgrade your OEM6 receiver to utilize NovAtel CORRECT with PPP and then purchase a subscription for the TerraStar service. More information is available in APN-061, available on the support page of the NovAtel website.
7. Which applications are suitable for TerraStar services?
TerraStar offers subscriptions for any land, airborne and near shore applications. Land subscriptions are limited to a maximum velocity of 130 km/h (or 80 mph). Airborne subscriptions have no velocity limit and operate up to 10km from shore in order to allow for aircraft turns over coastlines. Near shore subscriptions are for non oil and gas operations on water that take place within 10km from a coastline. If you are operating on water farther than 10km from the coastline, a Veripos marine subscription must be purchased directly from Veripos.
8. What is the difference between regional and global subscriptions?
Regional subscriptions are transmitted over 3 adjoining satellites to provide continent-wide coverage. Global subscriptions are transmitted over all 7 satellites to provide world-wide coverage.
9. Who do I contact if I'm having problems with NovAtel CORRECT or my TerraStar subscription?
NovAtel’s Applications Engineering team supports all products sold by NovAtel, including TerraStar subscriptions. Click here to contact support.